Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Company Rave: Ipsy

Ipsy is an online platform for people to review products, share their individual looks,  and show how to use different beauty products. Additionally, for a fee each month you can join their subscription service and get samples of popular makeup, skincare, and hair care brands send to your doorstep in a cute bag. I am not going to play it down at all. I am OBSESSED with this company. I follow their posts on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and even YouTube. I wish they had brand ambassadors, because I've already converted 5 of my friends to love this company as much as I do! Their mission is to let the customers try new things they wouldn't normally buy, at an affordable price. Here's some of the many reasons why I give my money to this brand every month. 1- It's affordable. Ipsy’s subscription service is $10 dollars a month, free shipping included. For the same cost of a salad at panera bread, you can get a goody bag delivered to your house every month... not too shabby! Also, in addition to being affordable, they offer discount codes on the brands they use each month so that you can buy the full-sized products at a discounted rate. 2. I can try things I would never buy for myself. The main reason why I signed up for Ipsy was to try new makeup. If you’re like me, you stick to the stuff that works. The same mixture of drugstore and high-end makeup that you've worn for as long as you can remember. If it ain't broke, don’t fix it, right? Wrong. With this subscription, I have been able to explore new brands, new products, and create entirely new looks for myself . 3. It’s FUN! Getting my Ipsy bag in the mail is like getting a birthday present every month. Except.. in this present there are 4 to 5 more mini-presents that you can use in tons of different ways. How awesome is that? Here are some snapshots of the bags I have received since becoming a subscriber:
April: ImageMay: Image
June:Image July:Image
I received September’s bag just a couple of weeks ago and have already tried all of the products in it. This is one of my favorite bags so far! (I say that every time, but this time I actually plan on using every single product). Here’s a breakdown of what was in the most recent bag:
Image3 Freeman Beauty Facial Paper Masks:
(blue agave for hydration, rose for brightening, and star fruit for purifying)
I had never used a paper mask before now, and honestly I freaked myself out when I had it on and glanced in the mirror… It looks like you’re wearing a skin-colored mask over your skin. I looked like a serial killer. These have a lot of product on them, which you pat into your skin after the 5-10 minutes you have the mask on. I really liked the star fruit one, It left my skin feeling refreshed and soft.
(Retail: $1.99 each)
Image
A full-sized Kohl Eyeliner Pencil in the color "Obsidian"
First of all, this pencil is full sized. I could probably use this thing for a whole year. It’s really creamy and easy to blend out and create a smoky effect. It’s perfect for defining the outer corner and creating a nice wing look.
(Retail: $12.00)
ImageNYX Eye Shadow in the color "Kryptonite"
This color is a deep, shimmery charcoal. You can build on it for a deep smokey eye, or use just a little all-over or along the lash-line for a day look.
(Retail: $4.50)
ImageSample of Elizabeth Mott’s Mascara in “It’s So Big”
A girl can never have too many mascara samples. I particularly like this mascara because of the shape of the brush. It’s an hourglass shape, which curls and gives length.
(Retail: sample cost - $8.00, full-size - $19.99)
500mi-hlgrgsr28px0gddCailyn Cosmetics Tinted Lip Balm in the color "Big Apple"
This color is an intense candy-apple red. I would definitely say it’s more of a cross between a lipstick and a stain than a balm. I don’t really care for the brush all that much, but the color does last for a couple of hours. It goes on and dries matte so if you’re looking for a balm consistency, use a clear balm over it.
(Retail: $19.00)

Price of bag = $10.00
Retail price of products = $49.47
If you want to sign up for Ipsy and receive goodies like this every month, here’s a link to sign up! You can join the Ipsy website for free and see what looks your fellow “ipsters” have created with the stuff in their bags. Then, you have the additional option to receive these glam bags for 10 dollars every month! Please use my referral link below!


<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11177619/?claim=xxg2yg4bhn5">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment