Saturday, November 16, 2013

Best of Benefit - Custom Makeup Kit!

As a connoisseur for anything with cute packaging and clever names, benefit cosmetics has always had a place in my heart. My makeup collection is filled with benefit products, and I almost hesitate going towards the benefit counter in Ulta because I know I'm going to wind up walking away with something. Benefit is running a special right now called "Build your Custom Kit" (click here to start on your own)! For $79.00, you can choose 4 products from 4 different categories. All of these products are categorized as the "Best of Benefit" and that's no lie. Each category had at least 2 products that I really wanted! Below are all the options that they offer, and which selections I chose. And as an added bonus... it comes with a cute makeup bag!

Category 1: Complexion
 
For this category, I chose the "hello flawless oxygen wow" foundation in the color "petal". I already have the porefessional and that gal primers in sample sizes, so that was an easy choice. I am partial to liquid foundation over powders, so I chose the oxygen wow over the powders and the balm.
Total price so far: $36.00 

Category 2: Cheeks





 This one was a little bit harder to choose from. I have samples of Hoola, Watts up, Posietint, and High Beam. But, I will eventually be buying a full size of the Hoola so I initially wanted that. However, I really want to own all of benefit's boxed blushers. I was ultimately torn between Hervana and Rockateur. I ended up choosing the Hervana and plan on buying the rockateur in the warmer months when my skin is tanner.
 Total price so far: $64.00

Category 3: Eyes


I also have a few samples from this category, so it was easy for me to choose what to get. I chose the "Fake-up" Concealer from this category, because I have hereditary dark circles under my eyes (thanks mom) and I am always looking for different concealer formulas to try.
Total Cost so far: $88.00

Category 4: Free Gift!


It was really hard for me to choose between these three products because I wanted to try them all! I love cream shadows, and this one claims to be creaseless so that's great for eyeshadow bases when building. I also really wanted to try the powder shadow because the colors it was offered in were so pretty. But, I ended up choosing the Hydra smooth lip color in the shade "fling thing".

TOTAL COST: $107.00
PRICE YOU PAY: $79.00!!!  that's over 25% off!

The bag that everything came in is the perfect travel bag for me to store all of my makeup in. Perfect for a weekend getaway! Now, to plan a weekend getaway....

Here's the link again if you want to purchase your own customized set from benefit! Shipping is free for orders over 50 bucks!


Thanks for reading! So far my little baby blog has almost 500 views!
Also subscribe to my YouTube channel for an upcoming video describing the products I chose from this post, along with beauty, hair, and DIY tutorials!

http://youtu.be/fRc5h1jQEN0

-Amanda

1 comment: