Monday, December 30, 2013

REVIEW: December Ipsy vs. Birchbox

As much as I have been in love with all of the Ipsy bags I have recieved this past year, I have decided to also subscribe to birchbox. Not because I'm unhappy with Ipsy, but because I am a sucker for trying new products. I contemplated a few different companies before deciding on birchbox. I ultimately chose them for the price point and quality of samples. Where I mainly get makeup samples from Ipsy each month, I have geared my birchbox profile to receive more skin care related products. The intention of this post is not to say which box "wins", but to compare the two and see the variety that is offered each month. So, without further introduction, behold my December Birchbox and Ipsy Glam Bag! 

December Ipsy 2013: "Celebration!"



My December items included: 

- Pop Beauty eyeshadow trio
- Be a Bombshell "the one stick"
- Andrea false lashes
- J cat Beauty lip pencil 
- Sample of mens and womens "signature" fragrance from English Laundry

My favorite product out of the December bag is suprisingly, the perfume. The sample is a generous size, and it smells clean and sweet, which is what I typically go for in a perfume... nothing too strong. 

My least favorite product from this month is "the one stick" from be a bombshell. The color is okay, but I do not care for the formula. It is very think, and does not go on very smoothly. I'm a texture person, and I'm not really a fan of this product as far as that goes. 



December Birchbox: "Sparkle and Shine" 

 
My December items included: 
- Full size Chapstick Hydration Lock in Vanilla
- Nelson J Beverly Hills Argan Oil 7 in 1 non-foaming Shampoo
- 2 samples of Antica Hand Cream 
- Acure Organics Body Wash
- Greenleaf Candle in "starlight"
- Color Club mini nail polish in "Lady Holiday"

My first box was definitely a hit. My favorite product from this box is the body wash. The fomula is great, but more importantly it smells AMAZING. It reminds me of a scent I used to have called "Oatmeal, Milk, & Honey" at the boutique I worked at through high school. It is a warm, sweet, comforting scent and I love it. 

My least favorite product is the non-foaming shampoo. What I look for in a shampoo is a nice smell and a thick lather. At first I was interested in how this non foaming ordeal would work, but as soon as I put this stuff in my hair I imediately regretted it. The scent was really overpowering. I didnt even focus on anything else. It was an intense lemon scent mixed with a minty toothpaste-like scent. Not a fan. 

Overall, I think both of the December subscriptions were excellent and they both showed a variety of products! 

Which one would you rather try? Leave a comment and let me know! 

No comments:

Post a Comment