Saturday, November 2, 2013

REVIEW: October Ipsy Bag



Review Time! 

October's theme for the glam bag subscription was "The Art of Beauty". All of their sneak-peek clues were geared towards an artistic theme, and the bag this month was white, with a quote about art and beauty. Although I don't really care for the look of the bag this month, I loved what was inside! Here's a breakdown of what was inside my bag, and the retail values. 
The bag itself: (not a fan of quotes on things in general, but a good sized bag nonetheless).

...On to the goodies! 




LA Fresh Oil-Free Face Cleanser wipes (pack of 10)
The fact that these are biodegradable and oil-free drew me in. However, they are not too great at removing eye makeup. I have resorted to using these in the mornings as a refreshing cleanse for my face instead of removing makeup. I really like these, but don't know if I would shell out the cash to buy the full size. 
Retail price: $ 9.99 (pack of 30)


Big Sexy Hair Blow Dry Volumizing Gel
I was SO excited to get this in my bag. I am all about trying to give my straight, flat hair more volume. I have tried this product several times since receiving it, and it truly does work. It gives my roots more texture and lift than they normally have. 
Retail Price: $5.00


ZOYA Nail polish in "Giovanna"
Zoya was featured in May's glam bag, and I was definitely excited to get another color from this brand. The formula is long-lasting and very pigmented. I only used two thin coats of this polish to get a gorgeous aqua-green color. 
Retail Price: $8.00


Buxom Lip Polish in "Dolly" 
This lip gloss is a plumper as well, and makes your lips feel tingly and cool while giving a fuller appearance. This color in particular looks great over darker lipsticks/stains if you are nervous about making the transition into fall's dark lip trend.
Retail Price: $19.00 (for full size) 


Coconut & Argan body lotion by Nourish Organic
This product is not for me. I don't care for the scent of coconut so I planned on giving this to a friend when I saw it in my glam room before they shipped my bag. However, when I got it of course I smelled it anyways. It definitely smells like an organic product... if you know what I mean. Kind of like plastic, and soap. I really wanted to like it, since there is argan oil in it, but I can't get over the smell. 
Retail Price: $9.99 (for full size)


Overall, I really like all of the products in this bag! (minus the lotion.) The great thing about ipsy though, is that you can review the products in your glam room, and they take those reviews and tailor your account and future bags to reflect what you like and don't like. 

If you are interested in learning more about ipsy, I wrote a blog post recently raving about their company called "company rave - ipsy" so check it out! 

If you've already heard of ipsy and want to sign up, click my referral link below! 

2 comments:

  1. Hey Amanda, that's my sister's name :) I love that nail polish color! Thanks for following me via Bloglovin :) I am just stopping by to follow back and check out your blog.

    -Erica
    http://diaryofatrendaholic.blogspot.ca/
    Stop by any time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got the coconut lotion too, but I really dislike the scent of coconut so I'm probably going to hand it off to a friend.

    ReplyDelete